This week we welcome Dave Smith to guest post. Having run the hugely successful GraficCache for just over two years Dave decided seize posting last month. Since then he’s gone on to provide weekly content for Grafik and last week announced he’d be posting for Process. When he’s not blogging he designs at Belfast design studio Sort.
Having only got him for five days Dave’s plan is to post some highlights of the two years of posts from the GrafikCache archive.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s new font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU