This Thursday evening we’re going to be at The Barbican running a light-hearted workshop to celebrate the fantastic Ron Arad show that’s currently showing. To highlight the fantastic names given to Ron’s pieces, we’re giving all visitors to the show on the evening the chance to re-name his classic designs, and pick up a free poster designed by illustrator Luke Best.
All we’re asking you to do is come along, come up with an imaginative new name for one of his chairs and the A2 litho poster is yours to take away for free. Click through to see more images of the poster and the pieces we’re asking you to re-name.
We’d love to hear what you’d re-name the pieces above (Tom Vac, Ge Off Sphere, Rover Chair and Weel Tempered Chair) if you had the chance (our attempts aren’t too impressive!), and your responses will make the opening display at The Barbican on Thursday evening. Just e-mail through your names to email@example.com – our four favourites submitted before Thursday at 6pm will win a poster posted to their door.
It’s Nice That Workshop for Ron Arad:Restless
Thursday 19 April, 6.30pm — 8pm
The Barbican Gallery
London EC2Y 8DS
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors