This Thursday evening we’re going to be at The Barbican running a light-hearted workshop to celebrate the fantastic Ron Arad show that’s currently showing. To highlight the fantastic names given to Ron’s pieces, we’re giving all visitors to the show on the evening the chance to re-name his classic designs, and pick up a free poster designed by illustrator Luke Best.
All we’re asking you to do is come along, come up with an imaginative new name for one of his chairs and the A2 litho poster is yours to take away for free. Click through to see more images of the poster and the pieces we’re asking you to re-name.
We’d love to hear what you’d re-name the pieces above (Tom Vac, Ge Off Sphere, Rover Chair and Weel Tempered Chair) if you had the chance (our attempts aren’t too impressive!), and your responses will make the opening display at The Barbican on Thursday evening. Just e-mail through your names to email@example.com – our four favourites submitted before Thursday at 6pm will win a poster posted to their door.
It’s Nice That Workshop for Ron Arad:Restless
Thursday 19 April, 6.30pm — 8pm
The Barbican Gallery
London EC2Y 8DS
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale