This Thursday evening we’re going to be at The Barbican running a light-hearted workshop to celebrate the fantastic Ron Arad show that’s currently showing. To highlight the fantastic names given to Ron’s pieces, we’re giving all visitors to the show on the evening the chance to re-name his classic designs, and pick up a free poster designed by illustrator Luke Best.
All we’re asking you to do is come along, come up with an imaginative new name for one of his chairs and the A2 litho poster is yours to take away for free. Click through to see more images of the poster and the pieces we’re asking you to re-name.
We’d love to hear what you’d re-name the pieces above (Tom Vac, Ge Off Sphere, Rover Chair and Weel Tempered Chair) if you had the chance (our attempts aren’t too impressive!), and your responses will make the opening display at The Barbican on Thursday evening. Just e-mail through your names to firstname.lastname@example.org – our four favourites submitted before Thursday at 6pm will win a poster posted to their door.
It’s Nice That Workshop for Ron Arad:Restless
Thursday 19 April, 6.30pm — 8pm
The Barbican Gallery
London EC2Y 8DS
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan