This Thursday evening we’re going to be at The Barbican running a light-hearted workshop to celebrate the fantastic Ron Arad show that’s currently showing. To highlight the fantastic names given to Ron’s pieces, we’re giving all visitors to the show on the evening the chance to re-name his classic designs, and pick up a free poster designed by illustrator Luke Best.
All we’re asking you to do is come along, come up with an imaginative new name for one of his chairs and the A2 litho poster is yours to take away for free. Click through to see more images of the poster and the pieces we’re asking you to re-name.
We’d love to hear what you’d re-name the pieces above (Tom Vac, Ge Off Sphere, Rover Chair and Weel Tempered Chair) if you had the chance (our attempts aren’t too impressive!), and your responses will make the opening display at The Barbican on Thursday evening. Just e-mail through your names to email@example.com – our four favourites submitted before Thursday at 6pm will win a poster posted to their door.
It’s Nice That Workshop for Ron Arad:Restless
Thursday 19 April, 6.30pm — 8pm
The Barbican Gallery
London EC2Y 8DS
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU