A graduate from the University of Brighton almost three years ago David Wilson has gone on to direct music videos for the likes of Little Boots, Moray McLaren and We Have Band. His work hasn’t gone unnoticed either, recently picking up Best New Director at the UK Music Video Awards.
Now based in London, David’s work strives to achieve the impossible, using a number of clever in-camera tricks from animating face paint on people’s skin to freezing water droplets in mid-motion this is surely one young director we’re going to see a lot more from.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain