A graduate from the University of Brighton almost three years ago David Wilson has gone on to direct music videos for the likes of Little Boots, Moray McLaren and We Have Band. His work hasn’t gone unnoticed either, recently picking up Best New Director at the UK Music Video Awards.
Now based in London, David’s work strives to achieve the impossible, using a number of clever in-camera tricks from animating face paint on people’s skin to freezing water droplets in mid-motion this is surely one young director we’re going to see a lot more from.
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages