A graduate from the University of Brighton almost three years ago David Wilson has gone on to direct music videos for the likes of Little Boots, Moray McLaren and We Have Band. His work hasn’t gone unnoticed either, recently picking up Best New Director at the UK Music Video Awards.
Now based in London, David’s work strives to achieve the impossible, using a number of clever in-camera tricks from animating face paint on people’s skin to freezing water droplets in mid-motion this is surely one young director we’re going to see a lot more from.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again