So, you may not yet know who’s won the UK’s ludicrously inconcolusive election, but what you can be sure of is a heap of nice things to sift though on a Saturday morning, this week dominated by beautifully printed pieces of paper.
So Alone I Keep the Wolves at Bay Andreas Laszlo Konrath
Picked up from Andreas’ show at Clare de Rouen books this week, and as is true to form, Andreas’ publication has all the poise of his others. Risographed black ink onto well chosen paper and bound with as much care as the images inside warrant. Get your hands on one at all costs.
We All Need Words
Finding the words to sum up a mailer from a new copywriting service is never going to be as easy as it should. If their words are as good as their print I’m sure we’ll be hearing lots more about them.
The Art of Conversation Bank / Inventory Studio
Solidly designed flyers and posters for the exhibition of the same name which opens next week and looks very tasty indeed.
Condiment Editors-in-chief Chris Barton and Jessica Brent, published by Food and Form
Described as “Adventures in Food and Form”, and with a strangely phallic complexion, this is a real bit of hand held intrigue.
Lists Liza Kirwin, published by Princeton Architectural Press
List of why this book of lists is worth having a leaf through
1. To see Picasso’s Art recommendations
2. The handwriting of your heros is always fascinating
3. It’s produced with Princeton’s usual aplomb
Music Poster Joe Baglow
Nice bit of Riso from illustrator Joe Baglow
The Liberated Press Liberty Design Studio
Self initated paper from Libery’s in house design studio. Interesting to see such a big name brand do such an alternative, external piece specifically from their design department.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August