So, you may not yet know who’s won the UK’s ludicrously inconcolusive election, but what you can be sure of is a heap of nice things to sift though on a Saturday morning, this week dominated by beautifully printed pieces of paper.
So Alone I Keep the Wolves at Bay Andreas Laszlo Konrath
Picked up from Andreas’ show at Clare de Rouen books this week, and as is true to form, Andreas’ publication has all the poise of his others. Risographed black ink onto well chosen paper and bound with as much care as the images inside warrant. Get your hands on one at all costs.
We All Need Words
Finding the words to sum up a mailer from a new copywriting service is never going to be as easy as it should. If their words are as good as their print I’m sure we’ll be hearing lots more about them.
The Art of Conversation Bank / Inventory Studio
Solidly designed flyers and posters for the exhibition of the same name which opens next week and looks very tasty indeed.
Condiment Editors-in-chief Chris Barton and Jessica Brent, published by Food and Form
Described as “Adventures in Food and Form”, and with a strangely phallic complexion, this is a real bit of hand held intrigue.
Lists Liza Kirwin, published by Princeton Architectural Press
List of why this book of lists is worth having a leaf through
1. To see Picasso’s Art recommendations
2. The handwriting of your heros is always fascinating
3. It’s produced with Princeton’s usual aplomb
Music Poster Joe Baglow
Nice bit of Riso from illustrator Joe Baglow
The Liberated Press Liberty Design Studio
Self initated paper from Libery’s in house design studio. Interesting to see such a big name brand do such an alternative, external piece specifically from their design department.
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul’s Peelosophies is toilet humour at its finest
- Director I Saw John First creates animated video for Jack Steadman’s solo project, Mr Jukes
- Carlín Díaz expands his practice to psychedelic paintings and animations
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know
- Artist Crys Yin adds comical elements to her simply-executed paintings
- Grilli Type designer Reto Moser shares the books that inspire him
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label