So, you may not yet know who’s won the UK’s ludicrously inconcolusive election, but what you can be sure of is a heap of nice things to sift though on a Saturday morning, this week dominated by beautifully printed pieces of paper.
So Alone I Keep the Wolves at Bay Andreas Laszlo Konrath
Picked up from Andreas’ show at Clare de Rouen books this week, and as is true to form, Andreas’ publication has all the poise of his others. Risographed black ink onto well chosen paper and bound with as much care as the images inside warrant. Get your hands on one at all costs.
We All Need Words
Finding the words to sum up a mailer from a new copywriting service is never going to be as easy as it should. If their words are as good as their print I’m sure we’ll be hearing lots more about them.
The Art of Conversation Bank / Inventory Studio
Solidly designed flyers and posters for the exhibition of the same name which opens next week and looks very tasty indeed.
Condiment Editors-in-chief Chris Barton and Jessica Brent, published by Food and Form
Described as “Adventures in Food and Form”, and with a strangely phallic complexion, this is a real bit of hand held intrigue.
Lists Liza Kirwin, published by Princeton Architectural Press
List of why this book of lists is worth having a leaf through
1. To see Picasso’s Art recommendations
2. The handwriting of your heros is always fascinating
3. It’s produced with Princeton’s usual aplomb
Music Poster Joe Baglow
Nice bit of Riso from illustrator Joe Baglow
The Liberated Press Liberty Design Studio
Self initated paper from Libery’s in house design studio. Interesting to see such a big name brand do such an alternative, external piece specifically from their design department.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again