Last night saw the opening of The Art of Conversation, an exhibition of contemporary design, illustration and everything in between. The work has been produced as a chain of inspiration, communicated by Skype conversations between ten London, and ten Berlin design studios and individuals. This that sounds intriguing? You’d be right – we popped along last night to bring you some teasers of what to expect, pictured is one part of Anthony Burrill’s lovely effort…
The show runs until 24 May, and then will re-appear in Berlin from 12 June.
The London Show
11 May — 24 May
Idea Generation Gallery
11 Chance Street
London, E2 7JB
The Berlin Show
12 June — 3 July
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s