There’s more than enough attention on the state of the world’s coastal regions at the moment, and Save the Beach continues the focus. An initiative started by Corona beer to raise awareness to the amount of rubbish being washed up on our shores, they’ve taken the only logical alert – to build a hotel on the shore out of the waste.
It’s doors were swung open last week in Rome and it’s anything but throw-away in concept and execution, thanks to German ‘action’ artist HA Schult.
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio