It seemed only right to have a South African guest post in the week leading up to the World Cup so we’re pleased to welcome Conor Cronin to the plate. Born and bread in Johannesburg, Conor and his family moved to Ireland in his early teens and later studied Visual Communications at the National college of Art and Design in Dublin.
Since graduating Conor has traveled across Europe working in various studios and agencies such as Matte in Amsterdam, Albert Folch, Base Design Barcelona, ODD in London and now back in Barcelona with SCPF*.
- Photographer Maxwell Conrad Granger shows the goofy beauty of youth
- Serpentine appoints Francis Kéré to build "tree-inspired" 2017 pavilion
- Director Nick Roney on taking The Lemon Twigs to his grandparents’ house
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Meet the speakers: Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson, Mirka Laura Severa and Olivia Ahmad
- Varied, playful and slightly odd drawings from Japanese illustrator Summer House
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio