It seemed only right to have a South African guest post in the week leading up to the World Cup so we’re pleased to welcome Conor Cronin to the plate. Born and bread in Johannesburg, Conor and his family moved to Ireland in his early teens and later studied Visual Communications at the National college of Art and Design in Dublin.
Since graduating Conor has traveled across Europe working in various studios and agencies such as Matte in Amsterdam, Albert Folch, Base Design Barcelona, ODD in London and now back in Barcelona with SCPF*.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label