Off the back of posting Glass Hill last week I rediscovered the work of Europa, the London based studio formed in 2007 by Royal College of Art graduates Mia Frostner, Robert Sollis, Paul Tisdell and Rasmus Troelsen (Rasmus has since left to move to Copenhagen).
Consistently great work the piece pictured Material Presence for the 176 Gallery consists of the book and exhibition graphics, using their digitised version of Johann Steingruber’s Architectural Alphabet to spell out the show’s title.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”