Born in Lisbon, Ana Carolina Gomes begun her studies in Portugal where she was intersted in typography and traditional print processes.Ana then moved to the UK and Nottingham Trent University where she has just graduated with a degree in Graphic Design.
Her interests span architecture, information design and most of all “the beautiful type”.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Architect or Pilot.
In reflection, how bad was your work in the first year?
It wasn’t terrible, I just hadn’t developed enough, to achieve a beautiful finish. Conceptually I just wasn’t there yet.
If you could show a piece of your folio to one person, what piece would you choose, and who would you show it to?
Bonington Gallery Promotion and I would show it to Alan Fletcher (if he was still alive) because he was one of the most influential graphic designers there has ever been, and wouldn’t that be nice.
If you had your own studio, who would you share it with and why?
I would share it with Oscar Niemeyer because him and his buildings make me smile.
If you’ve got any left, what will you spend the last of your student loan on?
Where will we find you in 12 months?
In 12 months, not sure. In 12 years I hope to be sitting in my flat at the Barbican Estate.
Ana is still working on getting her website online, if you would like to get in touch with her please email email@example.com
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield