Born in Lisbon, Ana Carolina Gomes begun her studies in Portugal where she was intersted in typography and traditional print processes.Ana then moved to the UK and Nottingham Trent University where she has just graduated with a degree in Graphic Design.
Her interests span architecture, information design and most of all “the beautiful type”.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Architect or Pilot.
In reflection, how bad was your work in the first year?
It wasn’t terrible, I just hadn’t developed enough, to achieve a beautiful finish. Conceptually I just wasn’t there yet.
If you could show a piece of your folio to one person, what piece would you choose, and who would you show it to?
Bonington Gallery Promotion and I would show it to Alan Fletcher (if he was still alive) because he was one of the most influential graphic designers there has ever been, and wouldn’t that be nice.
If you had your own studio, who would you share it with and why?
I would share it with Oscar Niemeyer because him and his buildings make me smile.
If you’ve got any left, what will you spend the last of your student loan on?
Where will we find you in 12 months?
In 12 months, not sure. In 12 years I hope to be sitting in my flat at the Barbican Estate.
Ana is still working on getting her website online, if you would like to get in touch with her please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design