The Rumpus is an immaculately curated online magazine interested in “culture, not pop culture”. They’ve also recently started their own book club. A monthly subscription ensures you one new, unreleased book through your letterbox every month, access to a lively discussion group, and an invitation to join in a moderated chat with the book’s author at the month’s end.
It feels like a remarkably inclusive and intimate arrangement, and the choices for the first month (detailed here) are superb. Highly recommended!
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100