The Rumpus is an immaculately curated online magazine interested in “culture, not pop culture”. They’ve also recently started their own book club. A monthly subscription ensures you one new, unreleased book through your letterbox every month, access to a lively discussion group, and an invitation to join in a moderated chat with the book’s author at the month’s end.
It feels like a remarkably inclusive and intimate arrangement, and the choices for the first month (detailed here) are superb. Highly recommended!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?