The Rumpus is an immaculately curated online magazine interested in “culture, not pop culture”. They’ve also recently started their own book club. A monthly subscription ensures you one new, unreleased book through your letterbox every month, access to a lively discussion group, and an invitation to join in a moderated chat with the book’s author at the month’s end.
It feels like a remarkably inclusive and intimate arrangement, and the choices for the first month (detailed here) are superb. Highly recommended!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations