New Things scribe Alex M has taken the weekend off to rest his nib, so I’m back on the much sought-after duty of sifting through the things that make their way into the studio… As always I was spoilt for choice and relaxed the rules a little, picking 6, rather than 5 things. We’re too good to you.
Teamwear Designed by LOVE Creative
Nicely designed and printed piece of promotion for Umbro’s new ‘Teamwear’ range of affordable, beautifully designed football kits. Makes us all a little too excited about the prospect of kick-off next weekend.
Vote Arts Poster Celia Stothard
We’re privileged to have a great piece of classic Graphic Design sitting on our walls this week, from the hand of Celia Stothard. One half of ‘The Typography Workshop’ with Alan Kitching, their long lasting partnership has bourn beautiful typographic fruits for many years, and long may they continue.
Advanced Graphics Link
MA Textiles Futures Designed by Mike Knight
Who even looks at prospectuses these days? Surely the internet can do all a prospectus can and more? Well, not if they’re as good as this one from Central St.Martins’ MA Textile Futures Course.
Put A Egg On It R&S Media
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Perhaps with a culinary magazine out of New York City with essays, photos, illustrations, cooking tips and recipes? Egg-cellent, (How could I not?) although not quite grammatically sound.
Behind the Scenes and Everything Else Inbetween Jack Hudson
We are the proud new parents of a 1/25 editioned print by one of this year’s best graduates, Jack Hudson. ‘Pride of place’ is being hotly contested this month and I can’t recommend you get your hands on one of these charmers enough before they evaporate.
Article Edited, produced and designed by Ben Dunmore and Alasdair Hiscock
They say that “Article is a guide to the space that you are in”. Taken literally, I was sexpecting a dry studio manual, but thankfully I was actually presented by a magazine full of articles I’m interested in reading.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain