Founded by Rolf Indermühle, Mattias Mohr and Magnus Zwyssig in 2006, ZMIK are a Swiss based design studio working across shop design, cultural events, restaurants, bars and clubsas well as exhibition design, conversions and spacial transformations.
Pictured is their recent project, Temporary Design Boutique for Art Basel. Plywood crates are stacked on top of each other and tied up with lashings into overhanging parcels. Strung together in sequence they form a terraced product display. The limited edition Artbags (the shop’s bestseller) hang on the walls and as they are sold, the walls are gradually emptied created a constantly changing backdrop.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant