Founded by Rolf Indermühle, Mattias Mohr and Magnus Zwyssig in 2006, ZMIK are a Swiss based design studio working across shop design, cultural events, restaurants, bars and clubsas well as exhibition design, conversions and spacial transformations.
Pictured is their recent project, Temporary Design Boutique for Art Basel. Plywood crates are stacked on top of each other and tied up with lashings into overhanging parcels. Strung together in sequence they form a terraced product display. The limited edition Artbags (the shop’s bestseller) hang on the walls and as they are sold, the walls are gradually emptied created a constantly changing backdrop.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages