For your weekly helping of Things we have an unintentional homage to all things hand drawn…
The Muscle Emma Morris and Esther McManus
Newspaper without the news? Oh hang on, the Obituary page is displaying a trapeze artist uncontrollably swinging towards a phantom hand weilding a chainsaw. Graphic! In International news a large whale lands on a tiny plate.
From Here to There Hand Drawn Map Association
From the topographically queastionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.
Oh Comely Liz Bennett and Des Tan
I’m afraid the less then descriptive photos of Oh Comely don’t highlight all the hand drawn elements or nostalgic notes and photos that have been carefully compiled for Issue 2. The hand written notes to the reader through out the mag keep it personal and special.
Matthew the Horse
Thanks for the t-shirt Matthew the Horse. Now lets all mass descend on his rather great looking new shop…
Utterly Mindless Thrills Hannah Rollings
Sexy sexy time. “Her body flooded with heat. Couldn’t control the throbbing of her Jam Tart”. Great suggestive illustrations accompanying subverted exerts from the finest of romantic literature. Bearded clam, say no more.
- Brooklyn-based Jyan Ku’s naive pastel works are oddly charming
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again