For your weekly helping of Things we have an unintentional homage to all things hand drawn…
The Muscle Emma Morris and Esther McManus
Newspaper without the news? Oh hang on, the Obituary page is displaying a trapeze artist uncontrollably swinging towards a phantom hand weilding a chainsaw. Graphic! In International news a large whale lands on a tiny plate.
From Here to There Hand Drawn Map Association
From the topographically queastionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.
Oh Comely Liz Bennett and Des Tan
I’m afraid the less then descriptive photos of Oh Comely don’t highlight all the hand drawn elements or nostalgic notes and photos that have been carefully compiled for Issue 2. The hand written notes to the reader through out the mag keep it personal and special.
Matthew the Horse
Thanks for the t-shirt Matthew the Horse. Now lets all mass descend on his rather great looking new shop…
Utterly Mindless Thrills Hannah Rollings
Sexy sexy time. “Her body flooded with heat. Couldn’t control the throbbing of her Jam Tart”. Great suggestive illustrations accompanying subverted exerts from the finest of romantic literature. Bearded clam, say no more.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich