For your weekly helping of Things we have an unintentional homage to all things hand drawn…
The Muscle Emma Morris and Esther McManus
Newspaper without the news? Oh hang on, the Obituary page is displaying a trapeze artist uncontrollably swinging towards a phantom hand weilding a chainsaw. Graphic! In International news a large whale lands on a tiny plate.
From Here to There Hand Drawn Map Association
From the topographically queastionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.
Oh Comely Liz Bennett and Des Tan
I’m afraid the less then descriptive photos of Oh Comely don’t highlight all the hand drawn elements or nostalgic notes and photos that have been carefully compiled for Issue 2. The hand written notes to the reader through out the mag keep it personal and special.
Matthew the Horse
Thanks for the t-shirt Matthew the Horse. Now lets all mass descend on his rather great looking new shop…
Utterly Mindless Thrills Hannah Rollings
Sexy sexy time. “Her body flooded with heat. Couldn’t control the throbbing of her Jam Tart”. Great suggestive illustrations accompanying subverted exerts from the finest of romantic literature. Bearded clam, say no more.
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Smart, funny and expertly executed party posters from German designer Mark Bohle
- Vice, despair and a bafflingly fertile imagination from Brooklyn-based Milton Melvin Croissant III
- A focus on typography in Ghent-based designer Corbin Mahieu's updated portfolio
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web