For your weekly helping of Things we have an unintentional homage to all things hand drawn…
The Muscle Emma Morris and Esther McManus
Newspaper without the news? Oh hang on, the Obituary page is displaying a trapeze artist uncontrollably swinging towards a phantom hand weilding a chainsaw. Graphic! In International news a large whale lands on a tiny plate.
From Here to There Hand Drawn Map Association
From the topographically queastionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.
Oh Comely Liz Bennett and Des Tan
I’m afraid the less then descriptive photos of Oh Comely don’t highlight all the hand drawn elements or nostalgic notes and photos that have been carefully compiled for Issue 2. The hand written notes to the reader through out the mag keep it personal and special.
Matthew the Horse
Thanks for the t-shirt Matthew the Horse. Now lets all mass descend on his rather great looking new shop…
Utterly Mindless Thrills Hannah Rollings
Sexy sexy time. “Her body flooded with heat. Couldn’t control the throbbing of her Jam Tart”. Great suggestive illustrations accompanying subverted exerts from the finest of romantic literature. Bearded clam, say no more.
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Active Arab Women: Lara Al-Hadeedi records the determination of sporting Kuwaiti women
- Meet the French illustrator creating part-animal, part-human Frankenmonsters
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August