Nic Bennett has drawn/painted faces onto pieces of fruit, which seems to be one of those hilarious, relatively simple ideas you probably could have come up with but didn’t. The first time I saw these, I’m pretty sure I said, “what’s that kiwi fruit so happy about?” Before asking, “why shouldn’t the kiwi be happy?” Before realising I was talking to myself, frowning a little, and rifling through the rest of Nic’s portfolio.
Note: other fruits can be seen in the “Foods” section of his website.
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices