Nic Bennett has drawn/painted faces onto pieces of fruit, which seems to be one of those hilarious, relatively simple ideas you probably could have come up with but didn’t. The first time I saw these, I’m pretty sure I said, “what’s that kiwi fruit so happy about?” Before asking, “why shouldn’t the kiwi be happy?” Before realising I was talking to myself, frowning a little, and rifling through the rest of Nic’s portfolio.
Note: other fruits can be seen in the “Foods” section of his website.
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus