Nic Bennett has drawn/painted faces onto pieces of fruit, which seems to be one of those hilarious, relatively simple ideas you probably could have come up with but didn’t. The first time I saw these, I’m pretty sure I said, “what’s that kiwi fruit so happy about?” Before asking, “why shouldn’t the kiwi be happy?” Before realising I was talking to myself, frowning a little, and rifling through the rest of Nic’s portfolio.
Note: other fruits can be seen in the “Foods” section of his website.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU