Nic Bennett has drawn/painted faces onto pieces of fruit, which seems to be one of those hilarious, relatively simple ideas you probably could have come up with but didn’t. The first time I saw these, I’m pretty sure I said, “what’s that kiwi fruit so happy about?” Before asking, “why shouldn’t the kiwi be happy?” Before realising I was talking to myself, frowning a little, and rifling through the rest of Nic’s portfolio.
Note: other fruits can be seen in the “Foods” section of his website.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield