SHOWstudio’s latest season of fashion film, The Fashion Body, is an exploration and celebration of the human body through a unique combination of fashion and moving image. Launched in July there are over thirty fashion creatives challenged to contribute a personal and distinctive fashion film to the season each focusing on a different area of the human body and using fashion items to adorn it.
The latest contribution to the series is from hairstylist Sam McKnight (pictured) providing “some fancy follicles in his cinematic and indeed glow-in-the-dark vision of hair”.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label