Top picks! As sporadic a cross section of our postal gems as you have come to expect. From a mailer that challenges you to read the small print (text includes inadvertant proverb from the designers mother regarding the wisdom of designing a book you can’t afford to sell) to a comic that brings a museum to life (minus the acting abomination that shall not be named in this Nice place), so enjoy.
Zut Alors! mailer Frank De Rose
“Graphic Design & Visual Oddities”, an appropriate title for a witty piece of design by Zut Alors!. The foldout poster is surrounded by the possible interpretations of the image. No. 16(my favourite) reads “God gave all the other graphic designers the good ideas”.
Diagonal Thinking Matt .W. Moore
Compiled as a purely pictorial book, highly graphic and heavy on texture this monochrome edition is made of the inspirations, paintings, things, landscapes and snapshots from the world of MWM himself. The cover made me see geometric spots (good thing).
Batter pre-oil, condensation, foaming oven cleaner, paused video screens, humans, animals looking at humans, car interiors, super photography and some honest writing. A magazine dedicated to the exquisite aesthetics of the daily hum.
Promotional poster Andrew Joyce
Nothing more pleasing then an epic city scape. I’ve been looking at it for a while now and I can’t see two buildings the same, (or Wally but I don’t know why I’m punishing myself with that one) it’s a great piece of draftsmanship.
Museum Rui Tenriero
All the attention to detail and character we’ve come to know and love about Rui was delivered to us in the form of a good, big comic Museum. He’s a master of time in his comics with all these clever visual devices that pull you through and faultlessly cheer you up.
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant