Top picks! As sporadic a cross section of our postal gems as you have come to expect. From a mailer that challenges you to read the small print (text includes inadvertant proverb from the designers mother regarding the wisdom of designing a book you can’t afford to sell) to a comic that brings a museum to life (minus the acting abomination that shall not be named in this Nice place), so enjoy.
Zut Alors! mailer Frank De Rose
“Graphic Design & Visual Oddities”, an appropriate title for a witty piece of design by Zut Alors!. The foldout poster is surrounded by the possible interpretations of the image. No. 16(my favourite) reads “God gave all the other graphic designers the good ideas”.
Diagonal Thinking Matt .W. Moore
Compiled as a purely pictorial book, highly graphic and heavy on texture this monochrome edition is made of the inspirations, paintings, things, landscapes and snapshots from the world of MWM himself. The cover made me see geometric spots (good thing).
Batter pre-oil, condensation, foaming oven cleaner, paused video screens, humans, animals looking at humans, car interiors, super photography and some honest writing. A magazine dedicated to the exquisite aesthetics of the daily hum.
Promotional poster Andrew Joyce
Nothing more pleasing then an epic city scape. I’ve been looking at it for a while now and I can’t see two buildings the same, (or Wally but I don’t know why I’m punishing myself with that one) it’s a great piece of draftsmanship.
Museum Rui Tenriero
All the attention to detail and character we’ve come to know and love about Rui was delivered to us in the form of a good, big comic Museum. He’s a master of time in his comics with all these clever visual devices that pull you through and faultlessly cheer you up.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)