As the football season in England revs up into full swing, many of you won’t be looking forward to the year-long, insistent coverage across all media forms imaginable. This year may be different however, thanks to London’s very own Roy of the Rovers, illustrator David Sparshott.
Over the season David will be travelling to grounds across the country to produce an illustrated match report, which is then published in The Times newspaper. Whether you care if Arsenal won 4-1 against Blackburn or not is irrelevant, as there’s enough in the pieces to leave ever the most dogged football avoider cause to take note.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant