Another gem from the Designs of the Year show for you this morning, this time from collective ‘TheGreenEyl’ with the satisfyingly titled ‘Appeel’.
There’s nothing I like more than a good pun, except when it’s paired with something even more satisfying and TheGreenEyl have done just that. A beautiful interactive installation, which changes depending on human intervention, reaffirming that a simple device well executed can be as brilliant as the most intricate, compicated concepts.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design