Gleefully continuing our offer of Issue #4 sneak peaks, you can now read short but sweet introductions to the five features within the publication. Also, while you’re here, make sure you take a look at Issue #4’s very own Flickr page, which will be regularly updated from now on.
Jez introduces us to Print Gocco, which is either a “cryptic and largely underwhelming children’s toy,” or a home printer perfect for “printing all invitations and personalised napkins for your next dockside party.”
Micah recounts the highly weird dematerialisation of a giant forest rat. Specifically: a “very large, light grey, shaggy creature running on four legs,” that reached a tree and vanished. Shabaam!
Sara De Bondt
Sara excitedly introduces us to one of her heroes, Beatrice Warde. Design writer, “First Lady of Typography,” Warde was also a “glamourous woman, often in beautiful outfits.”
Peter generously shares his collection of wares: “Lab-ware, Home-ware. Game-ware, Stone-ware, Soft- and Hard-ware.” All sorts of stuff found and made, “a Wunderkammer of cues for visual thinking.”
Mike asks: “what colour does that sound like?” before going onto look, in real depth, at both his practice and the relationship between music, colour and art.
All orders made before midnight on 30 September 2010 will also receive a free, exclusive screen print by James Jarvis. Check out the shop for more details…
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting