Gleefully continuing our offer of Issue #4 sneak peaks, you can now read short but sweet introductions to the five features within the publication. Also, while you’re here, make sure you take a look at Issue #4’s very own Flickr page, which will be regularly updated from now on.
Jez introduces us to Print Gocco, which is either a “cryptic and largely underwhelming children’s toy,” or a home printer perfect for “printing all invitations and personalised napkins for your next dockside party.”
Micah recounts the highly weird dematerialisation of a giant forest rat. Specifically: a “very large, light grey, shaggy creature running on four legs,” that reached a tree and vanished. Shabaam!
Sara De Bondt
Sara excitedly introduces us to one of her heroes, Beatrice Warde. Design writer, “First Lady of Typography,” Warde was also a “glamourous woman, often in beautiful outfits.”
Peter generously shares his collection of wares: “Lab-ware, Home-ware. Game-ware, Stone-ware, Soft- and Hard-ware.” All sorts of stuff found and made, “a Wunderkammer of cues for visual thinking.”
Mike asks: “what colour does that sound like?” before going onto look, in real depth, at both his practice and the relationship between music, colour and art.
All orders made before midnight on 30 September 2010 will also receive a free, exclusive screen print by James Jarvis. Check out the shop for more details…
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations