So it’s the last post today in the UK and we’re doing the same. From all of us here have a very Merry Christmas and we’ll see you some time in the new year.
Pictured is this year’s Carnaby St, don’t know who’s responsible but nice all the same. Answers on a postcard and I’ll get a link up.
— I’m reliably informed they are designed by Paul Dart, who has created the Carnaby Christmas Decorations. ‘The inspiration for this year’s decorations came from the childhood fantasy of a white Christmas and the delight in creating snowmen from the first fall of snow. ‘ Thanks Roberta!
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design