Willi Dorner is an Austria choreographer responsible for the fantastic international touring dance performances, Bodies in Urban Spaces.
Started back in 2007 and has the latest event in the series was in New York as part of the French Institute Alliance Française’s Crossing the Line festival. Starting in the Financial District in lower Manhattan the day included performers wrapping themselves around fire hydrants, laying on various roofs, and my personal favourite, piling onto a bench. Pictures taken from the Wall Street Journal’s excellent photography blog.
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale