I tried not to research these images and I failed. So now I urge you to resist the same temptation, remove post photo manipulation (that isn’t a clue) from your imagination and just enjoy the incongruous domicile mid fall. Pictured here are the tamely named Chalet and Trespass from a page on Peter Garfield’s mindbending portfolio called Harsh Reality.
Well worth a closer look, the last two images of this extended post are something truly special.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages