For your weekly Things we were delivered more of the familiarly unexpected. From an orgy to the collective wit of a football crowd and some Gertrude Stein just to make sure, Things’ve got it covered with a quintuplet of good.
Gertrude Stein wrote Ada about her lover Alice B. Toklas and Atak, in a collaborative stroke of visual excellence with NoBrow, has made good to the loving homage with this nice little book. No half tone used in printing FYI geeks.
Who Ate All The Pies? Mark Lang
Queue hilarity and an exchange of puns based on footballers names that even in my utter ignorance I’m singing for the rest of the day. Lovely two colour zine, quality print and stock and I’ve been told on good authority that it really looks like Peter Crouch. (Who didn’t eat any pies the looks)
Beginnings Sarah, Jon, Kat, Ste and Ben
From the newly amalgamated creative brain of OWT comes Beginnings. Appropriately named for them and their zine, they intend to produce more of these little bad boys on different themes drawing from other emerging talents in the North West.
Gypsey Eyes Tyler Lefreniere
“Investigating the hilarity (ice cream (you scream) photoshoot) and loneliness of sex, love, and relationships” – They make it absolutely OK to write “I’m blind and my palms are hairy” followed by 8 pages of photography of what I’m pretty sure is an orgy. Nice poster too, GSOH WLTM them.
Quiet Press Nous Vous
Got a bit of promotion here from the men of Nous Vous. This Leeds, nay! London collective are very good at making me like everything they do, large scale promo quietly showing us some rad (yes) illustrations and projects they’ve been working on, mais oui.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant