For your weekly Things we were delivered more of the familiarly unexpected. From an orgy to the collective wit of a football crowd and some Gertrude Stein just to make sure, Things’ve got it covered with a quintuplet of good.
Gertrude Stein wrote Ada about her lover Alice B. Toklas and Atak, in a collaborative stroke of visual excellence with NoBrow, has made good to the loving homage with this nice little book. No half tone used in printing FYI geeks.
Who Ate All The Pies? Mark Lang
Queue hilarity and an exchange of puns based on footballers names that even in my utter ignorance I’m singing for the rest of the day. Lovely two colour zine, quality print and stock and I’ve been told on good authority that it really looks like Peter Crouch. (Who didn’t eat any pies the looks)
Beginnings Sarah, Jon, Kat, Ste and Ben
From the newly amalgamated creative brain of OWT comes Beginnings. Appropriately named for them and their zine, they intend to produce more of these little bad boys on different themes drawing from other emerging talents in the North West.
Gypsey Eyes Tyler Lefreniere
“Investigating the hilarity (ice cream (you scream) photoshoot) and loneliness of sex, love, and relationships” – They make it absolutely OK to write “I’m blind and my palms are hairy” followed by 8 pages of photography of what I’m pretty sure is an orgy. Nice poster too, GSOH WLTM them.
Quiet Press Nous Vous
Got a bit of promotion here from the men of Nous Vous. This Leeds, nay! London collective are very good at making me like everything they do, large scale promo quietly showing us some rad (yes) illustrations and projects they’ve been working on, mais oui.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Superb graphic design for Factory Records-inspired tape and vinyl label
- Design agency dn&co. set to rebranding a whole area of London, St James's