You may remember the fantastic bit of imagination that went into making La Bolleur’s last project we featured here, their crazy golf with a difference and that same wit has been employed for their latest, the well-titled Balloon Animals.
Asked to create some work for the city of Eindhoven, the used the freedom to explore an idea that had been chomping away at them for ages – to make impossible-scale balloons and leave them tied up around the city.
So superbly put by the guys themselves, “This time we blew it”.
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- Viva MS Paint: illustrators pay tribute to (the now saved) program
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc