I won’t lie, I got so involved looking through the incredible portfolio of Sachiko that when it came to actually finding out about her, I couldn’t. Essentially though, she creates these incredible sculptures out of Lego, if you click through to her site you too will find yourself clicking through project after project.
This is what she had to say about her 2002 McDonald’s Value set BigMac piece, (pictured), “I thought… I would cook something!… well… I didn’t know why, but I thought it should be a McDonald’s hamburger… The full scale LEGO version of BigMac Super value set! Do you wanna try it?”. Yes we do.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?