I won’t lie, I got so involved looking through the incredible portfolio of Sachiko that when it came to actually finding out about her, I couldn’t. Essentially though, she creates these incredible sculptures out of Lego, if you click through to her site you too will find yourself clicking through project after project.
This is what she had to say about her 2002 McDonald’s Value set BigMac piece, (pictured), “I thought… I would cook something!… well… I didn’t know why, but I thought it should be a McDonald’s hamburger… The full scale LEGO version of BigMac Super value set! Do you wanna try it?”. Yes we do.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s