I won’t lie, I got so involved looking through the incredible portfolio of Sachiko that when it came to actually finding out about her, I couldn’t. Essentially though, she creates these incredible sculptures out of Lego, if you click through to her site you too will find yourself clicking through project after project.
This is what she had to say about her 2002 McDonald’s Value set BigMac piece, (pictured), “I thought… I would cook something!… well… I didn’t know why, but I thought it should be a McDonald’s hamburger… The full scale LEGO version of BigMac Super value set! Do you wanna try it?”. Yes we do.
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August