I won’t lie, I got so involved looking through the incredible portfolio of Sachiko that when it came to actually finding out about her, I couldn’t. Essentially though, she creates these incredible sculptures out of Lego, if you click through to her site you too will find yourself clicking through project after project.
This is what she had to say about her 2002 McDonald’s Value set BigMac piece, (pictured), “I thought… I would cook something!… well… I didn’t know why, but I thought it should be a McDonald’s hamburger… The full scale LEGO version of BigMac Super value set! Do you wanna try it?”. Yes we do.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages