I recently stumbled upon the work of Ann Toebbe on the ‘depressingly awesome’ Reference Library and thank goodness I did. What the paintings and collages lack in perspective they make up for in colour, tone, texture and genuine feeling that people live in these spaces. Each one quickly stops looking like a flat pack and becomes a three dimensional space in which you are taken around every single detail and arrangement…
Not able to stop at one, I’ve included a small cross-section of Toebbe’s portfolio.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”