Rachell Sumpter depicts a sort of dream-like world filled with small, seemingly isolated communities. Taking cues from mythology, religious traditions and folklore, the Earth (is it Earth?) she creates is a bleak, abstract mixture of rapture and weirdness.
Note: her work includes rainbow beards.
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery