Lovely stuff from photographer Dan Holdsworth and his most recent series of 21 images entitled, Blackout. Found via Visuelle I’d echo their comment that the site is super simple (designed by YES) and shows off a photographers work to its best ability online. The physicality of these prints though surely can’t be matched online as they stand at an impressive 226 × 177 cm.
Blackout is currently on show at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle until 20 February 2011. For more information check their website, balticmill.com.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)