Lovely stuff from photographer Dan Holdsworth and his most recent series of 21 images entitled, Blackout. Found via Visuelle I’d echo their comment that the site is super simple (designed by YES) and shows off a photographers work to its best ability online. The physicality of these prints though surely can’t be matched online as they stand at an impressive 226 × 177 cm.
Blackout is currently on show at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle until 20 February 2011. For more information check their website, balticmill.com.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August