Lovely stuff from photographer Dan Holdsworth and his most recent series of 21 images entitled, Blackout. Found via Visuelle I’d echo their comment that the site is super simple (designed by YES) and shows off a photographers work to its best ability online. The physicality of these prints though surely can’t be matched online as they stand at an impressive 226 × 177 cm.
Blackout is currently on show at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle until 20 February 2011. For more information check their website, balticmill.com.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus