Lovely stuff from photographer Dan Holdsworth and his most recent series of 21 images entitled, Blackout. Found via Visuelle I’d echo their comment that the site is super simple (designed by YES) and shows off a photographers work to its best ability online. The physicality of these prints though surely can’t be matched online as they stand at an impressive 226 × 177 cm.
Blackout is currently on show at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle until 20 February 2011. For more information check their website, balticmill.com.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again