Lovely stuff from photographer Dan Holdsworth and his most recent series of 21 images entitled, Blackout. Found via Visuelle I’d echo their comment that the site is super simple (designed by YES) and shows off a photographers work to its best ability online. The physicality of these prints though surely can’t be matched online as they stand at an impressive 226 × 177 cm.
Blackout is currently on show at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle until 20 February 2011. For more information check their website, balticmill.com.
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul’s Peelosophies is toilet humour at its finest
- Director I Saw John First creates animated video for Jack Steadman’s solo project, Mr Jukes
- Carlín Díaz expands his practice to psychedelic paintings and animations
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know
- Artist Crys Yin adds comical elements to her simply-executed paintings
- Grilli Type designer Reto Moser shares the books that inspire him
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label