Why just play a record when you can wear it too? Sanky first drew our attention to Playbutton (a wearable button that plays music) at our Future:Content conference early this month. As he said on the day this is massively exciting and could go someway to reintroducing a physical element back into the music industry.
The content is pre-recorded and cannot be changed or downloaded and like an album, the sequence of the music can not be altered. The 4.5cm badge has a play/pause, skip and volume functions and runs on a re-chargeable lithium battery.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli