Why just play a record when you can wear it too? Sanky first drew our attention to Playbutton (a wearable button that plays music) at our Future:Content conference early this month. As he said on the day this is massively exciting and could go someway to reintroducing a physical element back into the music industry.
The content is pre-recorded and cannot be changed or downloaded and like an album, the sequence of the music can not be altered. The 4.5cm badge has a play/pause, skip and volume functions and runs on a re-chargeable lithium battery.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant