Lovely photographic project fron New York, Downtown From Behind aims to capture people riding their bike (from behind) on every street, avenue and lane below 14th in New York City. Highlighting a unique set of individuals, including designers, musicians, artists, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs, hoteliers, academics and celebrity activists who have had an impact, either previously or currently on downtown New York City, making the area what it is today.
Pictured is Washington Street, Kate Williams, a Fashion PR Director Pistol PR and Hugo Murray, Account Director TBWA Chiat Day.
As always we’ve featured a selection of our favourite images here but for a proper look head over to their site. Found via mathewwilson.tumblr.com
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design