Lovely photographic project fron New York, Downtown From Behind aims to capture people riding their bike (from behind) on every street, avenue and lane below 14th in New York City. Highlighting a unique set of individuals, including designers, musicians, artists, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs, hoteliers, academics and celebrity activists who have had an impact, either previously or currently on downtown New York City, making the area what it is today.
Pictured is Washington Street, Kate Williams, a Fashion PR Director Pistol PR and Hugo Murray, Account Director TBWA Chiat Day.
As always we’ve featured a selection of our favourite images here but for a proper look head over to their site. Found via mathewwilson.tumblr.com
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again