Lovely photographic project fron New York, Downtown From Behind aims to capture people riding their bike (from behind) on every street, avenue and lane below 14th in New York City. Highlighting a unique set of individuals, including designers, musicians, artists, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs, hoteliers, academics and celebrity activists who have had an impact, either previously or currently on downtown New York City, making the area what it is today.
Pictured is Washington Street, Kate Williams, a Fashion PR Director Pistol PR and Hugo Murray, Account Director TBWA Chiat Day.
As always we’ve featured a selection of our favourite images here but for a proper look head over to their site. Found via mathewwilson.tumblr.com
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain