Lovely photographic project fron New York, Downtown From Behind aims to capture people riding their bike (from behind) on every street, avenue and lane below 14th in New York City. Highlighting a unique set of individuals, including designers, musicians, artists, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs, hoteliers, academics and celebrity activists who have had an impact, either previously or currently on downtown New York City, making the area what it is today.
Pictured is Washington Street, Kate Williams, a Fashion PR Director Pistol PR and Hugo Murray, Account Director TBWA Chiat Day.
As always we’ve featured a selection of our favourite images here but for a proper look head over to their site. Found via mathewwilson.tumblr.com
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio