Lovely photographic project fron New York, Downtown From Behind aims to capture people riding their bike (from behind) on every street, avenue and lane below 14th in New York City. Highlighting a unique set of individuals, including designers, musicians, artists, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs, hoteliers, academics and celebrity activists who have had an impact, either previously or currently on downtown New York City, making the area what it is today.
Pictured is Washington Street, Kate Williams, a Fashion PR Director Pistol PR and Hugo Murray, Account Director TBWA Chiat Day.
As always we’ve featured a selection of our favourite images here but for a proper look head over to their site. Found via mathewwilson.tumblr.com
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU