“The Bulk is a hypothetical higher dimensional space within which the eleven dimensions of our universe may exist.” It is also the title of Craig Ward’s ongoing project attempting to typographically interpret some of the abstract ideas, terminology and concepts in modern theoretical physics, quantum mechanics and cosmology.
A tall task for any creative but having always been fascinated by the how and the why Craig has used all manner of techniques, programs and processes to help bring these ideas to life. Pictured is Supercollider from Part 01, The Very Small.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100