“The Bulk is a hypothetical higher dimensional space within which the eleven dimensions of our universe may exist.” It is also the title of Craig Ward’s ongoing project attempting to typographically interpret some of the abstract ideas, terminology and concepts in modern theoretical physics, quantum mechanics and cosmology.
A tall task for any creative but having always been fascinated by the how and the why Craig has used all manner of techniques, programs and processes to help bring these ideas to life. Pictured is Supercollider from Part 01, The Very Small.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs