Catherine Maloney makes (not takes) photographs of men in outerspace. Her series Teleplay Part I has got that fascinating fan-made thing to it but not because of some slightly embarrassing stitch for stitch, word for trek-ing word reconstruction. It’s the expressions and the angles and the clever close-ups with the space around them. They’re uncanny. I think her work is like that, funny not ha-ha but like she just gets it right and that’s it. So I thought it best to add a couple more…
…and make it long (and prosper).
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?