Catherine Maloney makes (not takes) photographs of men in outerspace. Her series Teleplay Part I has got that fascinating fan-made thing to it but not because of some slightly embarrassing stitch for stitch, word for trek-ing word reconstruction. It’s the expressions and the angles and the clever close-ups with the space around them. They’re uncanny. I think her work is like that, funny not ha-ha but like she just gets it right and that’s it. So I thought it best to add a couple more…
…and make it long (and prosper).
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio