Catherine Maloney makes (not takes) photographs of men in outerspace. Her series Teleplay Part I has got that fascinating fan-made thing to it but not because of some slightly embarrassing stitch for stitch, word for trek-ing word reconstruction. It’s the expressions and the angles and the clever close-ups with the space around them. They’re uncanny. I think her work is like that, funny not ha-ha but like she just gets it right and that’s it. So I thought it best to add a couple more…
…and make it long (and prosper).
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s