I wasn’t going to post over this easter long weekend, but having spent far too much time in front of the TV indulging in new music videos, I couldn’t help but post this gem for the new PJ Harvey & John Parish release.
Directed by none other than Jake and Dinos Chapman, we see the already magnificently compelling Polly Jean transformed into a mesmerising object, lovingly captured over four minutes. Stick with it for a stunning piece of cinematography.
There’s also a nice little interview with Jake and some behind the scenes footage over at The Guardian.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August