I wasn’t going to post over this easter long weekend, but having spent far too much time in front of the TV indulging in new music videos, I couldn’t help but post this gem for the new PJ Harvey & John Parish release.
Directed by none other than Jake and Dinos Chapman, we see the already magnificently compelling Polly Jean transformed into a mesmerising object, lovingly captured over four minutes. Stick with it for a stunning piece of cinematography.
There’s also a nice little interview with Jake and some behind the scenes footage over at The Guardian.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?