Originally guest posted by Ill Studio
Curated by ill-studio, Art Of Music reflects upon the profound influence that music has on art and simultaneously art has on music and recognizes their common creative approach. The leading idea of the show emphasizes the fact that artists tastes in music are always strongly related to their work.
Twenty one international artists, graphic designers and illustrators have been asked to design the poster for the concert of their dream, including the line-up of choice and in any venue imaginable whether existing or not. After Los Angeles and Stockholm the posters are now exhibited at Colette in Paris.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project