Originally guest posted by Ill Studio
Curated by ill-studio, Art Of Music reflects upon the profound influence that music has on art and simultaneously art has on music and recognizes their common creative approach. The leading idea of the show emphasizes the fact that artists tastes in music are always strongly related to their work.
Twenty one international artists, graphic designers and illustrators have been asked to design the poster for the concert of their dream, including the line-up of choice and in any venue imaginable whether existing or not. After Los Angeles and Stockholm the posters are now exhibited at Colette in Paris.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s