Kris Moyes’ work is some of the most exciting, innovative and compelling moving image out there. He’s worked for countless big names including Beck and Sia and no matter who he’s shooting or what the subject is, you can always tell it’s him. That’s why I was so intrigued to hear that he is currently exhibiting a set of experimental photographs as part of ‘Glory Holes’ at the Monster Children Gallery in Australia.
I’ve previously read that while studying Kris found ‘the gallery environment constrictive’, (from Directors Bureau) which is the main reason he turned to shooting video. So, it should come as no surprise that he’s not just hanging run of the mill pieces in standard frames. Instead he’s flipping the canvas 45 degrees, using such a simple device to give his work a magic quality.
His subject matter comes from mixing unexpected liquids together and capturing the results as a high gloss close up snapshot. The results are a mesmerizing set of photographs with cheekily aloof titles. Just when you thought Mr.Moyes was getting all serious on us he’s decided to dub his creations ‘Mystical Testical’, ‘Milky Patch’ and ‘Pretty Good Blue Cloud’, and that’s just to name a few.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"