I know nothing about surfing, but I am still completely absorbed by the imagery associated with it. Everything from the photography, cine film and movie posters from the era are totally captivating. All of this is documented in the fantastic new book ‘The Book of Surfing’ by Michael Fordham. Documenting everything from ‘The Ride’ to ‘The Vision’ and ‘Surf Legends’ to ‘Surf Culture’ this well designed book has got it all.
Pictured is Montgomery ‘Buttons’ Kaluhiokalani shot by the legendary photographer Jeff Divine. As referenced in the book Divine’s photos of this period are era-defining documents.
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio