I know nothing about surfing, but I am still completely absorbed by the imagery associated with it. Everything from the photography, cine film and movie posters from the era are totally captivating. All of this is documented in the fantastic new book ‘The Book of Surfing’ by Michael Fordham. Documenting everything from ‘The Ride’ to ‘The Vision’ and ‘Surf Legends’ to ‘Surf Culture’ this well designed book has got it all.
Pictured is Montgomery ‘Buttons’ Kaluhiokalani shot by the legendary photographer Jeff Divine. As referenced in the book Divine’s photos of this period are era-defining documents.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books