I know nothing about surfing, but I am still completely absorbed by the imagery associated with it. Everything from the photography, cine film and movie posters from the era are totally captivating. All of this is documented in the fantastic new book ‘The Book of Surfing’ by Michael Fordham. Documenting everything from ‘The Ride’ to ‘The Vision’ and ‘Surf Legends’ to ‘Surf Culture’ this well designed book has got it all.
Pictured is Montgomery ‘Buttons’ Kaluhiokalani shot by the legendary photographer Jeff Divine. As referenced in the book Divine’s photos of this period are era-defining documents.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations