I know nothing about surfing, but I am still completely absorbed by the imagery associated with it. Everything from the photography, cine film and movie posters from the era are totally captivating. All of this is documented in the fantastic new book ‘The Book of Surfing’ by Michael Fordham. Documenting everything from ‘The Ride’ to ‘The Vision’ and ‘Surf Legends’ to ‘Surf Culture’ this well designed book has got it all.
Pictured is Montgomery ‘Buttons’ Kaluhiokalani shot by the legendary photographer Jeff Divine. As referenced in the book Divine’s photos of this period are era-defining documents.
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design