Originally guest posted by Spencer Wilson
Tom’s work has always appealed to me, from the first time I saw his sexy fashion inspired vector illustrations, and more recently with his direct approach with pen, paper and ink. However it’s this new work which engages me the most making me wish I could use a pen and brush. Dark compositions and a crafted mass of line work give way to glimpses of faces and figures and some beautiful illustration.
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web