Really impressive launch of Art Vandelay last night at The Russian Club in East London. Gutted I couldn’t stay for longer as it was a genuinely different experience to most launches.
‘Art Vandelay Magazine (and Gallery) will present the best talent working in the fields of art and design today. By shunning the more traditional roles of editor and curator, Art Vandelay’s Magazine focuses simply on artists writing about, interviewing, and presenting other artists.’
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain