Really impressive launch of Art Vandelay last night at The Russian Club in East London. Gutted I couldn’t stay for longer as it was a genuinely different experience to most launches.
‘Art Vandelay Magazine (and Gallery) will present the best talent working in the fields of art and design today. By shunning the more traditional roles of editor and curator, Art Vandelay’s Magazine focuses simply on artists writing about, interviewing, and presenting other artists.’
- An exercise in colour and control: David Hockey’s 82 portraits and one still life at the RA
- Woodstock 1969 immortalised on film by iconic photographer Baron Wolman
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web