This year the V&A’s famous Village Fete goes POP! This balloon popping extravanganza is brought to you by Scarlet Projects and Mark Garside, with graphics and balloons by Inventory’s Robert Boon and David Lane.
Friday Late Village Fete 2008 is the V&A and Scarlet Projects’ contemporary take on the traditional English fete, providing an extraordinary array of creative fun, engaging and imaginative events and games by leading as well as up-and-coming designers.
Never has Splat The Rat, coconut shies and homemade jam seemed so much fun.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale