This year the V&A’s famous Village Fete goes POP! This balloon popping extravanganza is brought to you by Scarlet Projects and Mark Garside, with graphics and balloons by Inventory’s Robert Boon and David Lane.
Friday Late Village Fete 2008 is the V&A and Scarlet Projects’ contemporary take on the traditional English fete, providing an extraordinary array of creative fun, engaging and imaginative events and games by leading as well as up-and-coming designers.
Never has Splat The Rat, coconut shies and homemade jam seemed so much fun.
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard's personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges' clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- "A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!": Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio