This year the V&A’s famous Village Fete goes POP! This balloon popping extravanganza is brought to you by Scarlet Projects and Mark Garside, with graphics and balloons by Inventory’s Robert Boon and David Lane.
Friday Late Village Fete 2008 is the V&A and Scarlet Projects’ contemporary take on the traditional English fete, providing an extraordinary array of creative fun, engaging and imaginative events and games by leading as well as up-and-coming designers.
Never has Splat The Rat, coconut shies and homemade jam seemed so much fun.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors