This year the V&A’s famous Village Fete goes POP! This balloon popping extravanganza is brought to you by Scarlet Projects and Mark Garside, with graphics and balloons by Inventory’s Robert Boon and David Lane.
Friday Late Village Fete 2008 is the V&A and Scarlet Projects’ contemporary take on the traditional English fete, providing an extraordinary array of creative fun, engaging and imaginative events and games by leading as well as up-and-coming designers.
Never has Splat The Rat, coconut shies and homemade jam seemed so much fun.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August