This year the V&A’s famous Village Fete goes POP! This balloon popping extravanganza is brought to you by Scarlet Projects and Mark Garside, with graphics and balloons by Inventory’s Robert Boon and David Lane.
Friday Late Village Fete 2008 is the V&A and Scarlet Projects’ contemporary take on the traditional English fete, providing an extraordinary array of creative fun, engaging and imaginative events and games by leading as well as up-and-coming designers.
Never has Splat The Rat, coconut shies and homemade jam seemed so much fun.
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant