With the soaring oil prices and the looming recession it is only natural we try new methods of air travel.
‘Kent Couch, a 48-year-old owner of a petrol station, yesterday succeeded in his third attempt to conquer the skies of northwest America, flying more than 230 miles in a garden chair supported by more than 150 helium-filled party balloons.’
— Martin Hodgson, guardian.co.uk
- "Finding new ideas is about breaking the cycle”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays February
- Nelly Ben Hayoun takes us 1,750 metres underground
- March Diary: where to go and what to see
- My First: a closer look at designer Bruce Usher and illustrator Antti Kalevi's book, I Can Speak With Shapes
- Bill Rebholz’s lengthy illustrations full of shapely narratives
- Anthony Burrill’s new book urges you to Make It Now!
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process