Originally guest posted by Jim Stoten
Firstly, I have to show you this guy who I have just discovered recently when I went to see an exhibition of his work. He is Sol Lewitt. Unfortunately, he died not so long ago but he left behind the most amazing body of work. The whole show was totally reconstructed by a team of young artists who took Lewitt’s formula for how to make the work, and followed them to the letter. Its the best thing I have seen in ages. Do some research into Sol Lewitt.
I also, just quickly want to show you the best place to buy amazing zines, t-shirts and other stuff when they have it. Its a set up called FAMILY. i think they are based in L.A. I have been a fan of this place for a while now, and whenever I go to their site, i always buy something.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs