Originally guest posted by Jim Stoten
Firstly, I have to show you this guy who I have just discovered recently when I went to see an exhibition of his work. He is Sol Lewitt. Unfortunately, he died not so long ago but he left behind the most amazing body of work. The whole show was totally reconstructed by a team of young artists who took Lewitt’s formula for how to make the work, and followed them to the letter. Its the best thing I have seen in ages. Do some research into Sol Lewitt.
I also, just quickly want to show you the best place to buy amazing zines, t-shirts and other stuff when they have it. Its a set up called FAMILY. i think they are based in L.A. I have been a fan of this place for a while now, and whenever I go to their site, i always buy something.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale