Originally guest posted by Jim Stoten
Firstly, I have to show you this guy who I have just discovered recently when I went to see an exhibition of his work. He is Sol Lewitt. Unfortunately, he died not so long ago but he left behind the most amazing body of work. The whole show was totally reconstructed by a team of young artists who took Lewitt’s formula for how to make the work, and followed them to the letter. Its the best thing I have seen in ages. Do some research into Sol Lewitt.
I also, just quickly want to show you the best place to buy amazing zines, t-shirts and other stuff when they have it. Its a set up called FAMILY. i think they are based in L.A. I have been a fan of this place for a while now, and whenever I go to their site, i always buy something.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant