Originally guest posted by Jim Stoten
Firstly, I have to show you this guy who I have just discovered recently when I went to see an exhibition of his work. He is Sol Lewitt. Unfortunately, he died not so long ago but he left behind the most amazing body of work. The whole show was totally reconstructed by a team of young artists who took Lewitt’s formula for how to make the work, and followed them to the letter. Its the best thing I have seen in ages. Do some research into Sol Lewitt.
I also, just quickly want to show you the best place to buy amazing zines, t-shirts and other stuff when they have it. Its a set up called FAMILY. i think they are based in L.A. I have been a fan of this place for a while now, and whenever I go to their site, i always buy something.
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Daily Dialogue’s minimal designs for its eclectic mix of clients
- Have “artisanal” brands and “craft” branding had their day?
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)