I meant to post this up ages ago but I somehow never got round to it. Ryan Waller self publishes this fantastic magazine, The New College Beat. Larger than I expected everything is right about it, the size, the stock and the design are all spot on.
The newest issue was created in response to the art of scrying, a practice used to discover the future and to reimagine the present and includes contributions from the likes of Noah Butkus, Sean Carmody, Steven Harrington, Garrett Morin, Jenny Mörtsell, Nathan Nedorostek, Jason Nocito, Harsh Patel, Todd St. John, Miika Saksi and Jesper Ulvelius.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s