I meant to post this up ages ago but I somehow never got round to it. Ryan Waller self publishes this fantastic magazine, The New College Beat. Larger than I expected everything is right about it, the size, the stock and the design are all spot on.
The newest issue was created in response to the art of scrying, a practice used to discover the future and to reimagine the present and includes contributions from the likes of Noah Butkus, Sean Carmody, Steven Harrington, Garrett Morin, Jenny Mörtsell, Nathan Nedorostek, Jason Nocito, Harsh Patel, Todd St. John, Miika Saksi and Jesper Ulvelius.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages