I meant to post this up ages ago but I somehow never got round to it. Ryan Waller self publishes this fantastic magazine, The New College Beat. Larger than I expected everything is right about it, the size, the stock and the design are all spot on.
The newest issue was created in response to the art of scrying, a practice used to discover the future and to reimagine the present and includes contributions from the likes of Noah Butkus, Sean Carmody, Steven Harrington, Garrett Morin, Jenny Mörtsell, Nathan Nedorostek, Jason Nocito, Harsh Patel, Todd St. John, Miika Saksi and Jesper Ulvelius.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August