Proud Creative’s work in the continuing rebranding of Welsh channel S4/C has had a good deal of press lately, but these idents are something quite special. Conscious of their repetitive nature, Proud worked with Minivegas to create idents that you’d never see twice.
Certain visual elements (lamps, electrical wires in the wind, welding sparks) were singled out to act as visual equalisers for the voice-over announcing program details. Not all of them are successful, but the best ones have just the right amount of atmosphere and intrigue. These definitely have to be seen in action to be fully appreciated.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design