Proud Creative’s work in the continuing rebranding of Welsh channel S4/C has had a good deal of press lately, but these idents are something quite special. Conscious of their repetitive nature, Proud worked with Minivegas to create idents that you’d never see twice.
Certain visual elements (lamps, electrical wires in the wind, welding sparks) were singled out to act as visual equalisers for the voice-over announcing program details. Not all of them are successful, but the best ones have just the right amount of atmosphere and intrigue. These definitely have to be seen in action to be fully appreciated.
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul’s Peelosophies is toilet humour at its finest
- Director I Saw John First creates animated video for Jack Steadman’s solo project, Mr Jukes
- Carlín Díaz expands his practice to psychedelic paintings and animations
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know
- Artist Crys Yin adds comical elements to her simply-executed paintings
- Grilli Type designer Reto Moser shares the books that inspire him
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label