Proud Creative’s work in the continuing rebranding of Welsh channel S4/C has had a good deal of press lately, but these idents are something quite special. Conscious of their repetitive nature, Proud worked with Minivegas to create idents that you’d never see twice.
Certain visual elements (lamps, electrical wires in the wind, welding sparks) were singled out to act as visual equalisers for the voice-over announcing program details. Not all of them are successful, but the best ones have just the right amount of atmosphere and intrigue. These definitely have to be seen in action to be fully appreciated.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s new font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU