Proud Creative’s work in the continuing rebranding of Welsh channel S4/C has had a good deal of press lately, but these idents are something quite special. Conscious of their repetitive nature, Proud worked with Minivegas to create idents that you’d never see twice.
Certain visual elements (lamps, electrical wires in the wind, welding sparks) were singled out to act as visual equalisers for the voice-over announcing program details. Not all of them are successful, but the best ones have just the right amount of atmosphere and intrigue. These definitely have to be seen in action to be fully appreciated.
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The mesmerising graphic design of mid-century typewriter manufacturer Olivetti
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"