THIS IS Studio, Established in 2006, was set-up by Barney Beech, Richard Barnett and Dougal Burgess. Essentially graphic designers, we create work that sits across a wide range of platforms from Moving image to print. In the last 2 and a bit years we have made all sorts of nice things, argued alot and worked for a great range of design conscious clients, from Victoria and Albert Museum to MUSE.
We have lots of fun things to show you this week. To get things rolling here is 2/3 of a series of offset litho prints from an exhibition at Dazed and Confused. The show was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dr Duncan MacDougall’s infamous experiment: He claimed to have found that the human soul weighs 21 grams. The posters account the various reactions and triggers to 21 grams of
forgotten matter from our studio floor: the inherent soul of our studio. Deep.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs