THIS IS Studio, Established in 2006, was set-up by Barney Beech, Richard Barnett and Dougal Burgess. Essentially graphic designers, we create work that sits across a wide range of platforms from Moving image to print. In the last 2 and a bit years we have made all sorts of nice things, argued alot and worked for a great range of design conscious clients, from Victoria and Albert Museum to MUSE.
We have lots of fun things to show you this week. To get things rolling here is 2/3 of a series of offset litho prints from an exhibition at Dazed and Confused. The show was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dr Duncan MacDougall’s infamous experiment: He claimed to have found that the human soul weighs 21 grams. The posters account the various reactions and triggers to 21 grams of
forgotten matter from our studio floor: the inherent soul of our studio. Deep.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich