THIS IS Studio, Established in 2006, was set-up by Barney Beech, Richard Barnett and Dougal Burgess. Essentially graphic designers, we create work that sits across a wide range of platforms from Moving image to print. In the last 2 and a bit years we have made all sorts of nice things, argued alot and worked for a great range of design conscious clients, from Victoria and Albert Museum to MUSE.
We have lots of fun things to show you this week. To get things rolling here is 2/3 of a series of offset litho prints from an exhibition at Dazed and Confused. The show was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dr Duncan MacDougall’s infamous experiment: He claimed to have found that the human soul weighs 21 grams. The posters account the various reactions and triggers to 21 grams of
forgotten matter from our studio floor: the inherent soul of our studio. Deep.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August