Damien Poulain is a London-based french graphic designer and art director who specializes in print-based projects including books, small-run publications and image making. Ongoing projects include collaboration with Pieter Hugo, handcrafted set design for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme+ (among others), as well as website design. He also creates original posters for art galleries, books and websites, and edgy personal artworks widely documented in the likes of Creative Review and Grafik.
‘Pay Back Later’ is a one colour silkscreen poster part of my first solo show titled ‘ Le Nouveau Riche’ that I have at KK Outlet, London, where I’ve explored the theme of money (4 — 14 September). Damien will also be producing artwork as part of Nike Sportswear Presents at the Batemans Row pop up store later this month.
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale