Damien Poulain is a London-based french graphic designer and art director who specializes in print-based projects including books, small-run publications and image making. Ongoing projects include collaboration with Pieter Hugo, handcrafted set design for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme+ (among others), as well as website design. He also creates original posters for art galleries, books and websites, and edgy personal artworks widely documented in the likes of Creative Review and Grafik.
‘Pay Back Later’ is a one colour silkscreen poster part of my first solo show titled ‘ Le Nouveau Riche’ that I have at KK Outlet, London, where I’ve explored the theme of money (4 — 14 September). Damien will also be producing artwork as part of Nike Sportswear Presents at the Batemans Row pop up store later this month.
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity