Damien Poulain is a London-based french graphic designer and art director who specializes in print-based projects including books, small-run publications and image making. Ongoing projects include collaboration with Pieter Hugo, handcrafted set design for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme+ (among others), as well as website design. He also creates original posters for art galleries, books and websites, and edgy personal artworks widely documented in the likes of Creative Review and Grafik.
‘Pay Back Later’ is a one colour silkscreen poster part of my first solo show titled ‘ Le Nouveau Riche’ that I have at KK Outlet, London, where I’ve explored the theme of money (4 — 14 September). Damien will also be producing artwork as part of Nike Sportswear Presents at the Batemans Row pop up store later this month.
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli