Damien Poulain is a London-based french graphic designer and art director who specializes in print-based projects including books, small-run publications and image making. Ongoing projects include collaboration with Pieter Hugo, handcrafted set design for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme+ (among others), as well as website design. He also creates original posters for art galleries, books and websites, and edgy personal artworks widely documented in the likes of Creative Review and Grafik.
‘Pay Back Later’ is a one colour silkscreen poster part of my first solo show titled ‘ Le Nouveau Riche’ that I have at KK Outlet, London, where I’ve explored the theme of money (4 — 14 September). Damien will also be producing artwork as part of Nike Sportswear Presents at the Batemans Row pop up store later this month.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs