Originally guest posted by Alex Ostrowski
Dan from New York based studio Dress Code got in touch with me this week – simply to say hello! I have never met him before. The studio’s delightful demeanour shines through their site and work, captured best on their homepage which displays regular trivial updates of the designers’ current circumstances.
At 9:17 this morning – Andre is wondering beard or no beard? Dan is aligning his shampoos.
Their book ‘Never Sleep’ aims to demystify the transition between graduation and professional practice in graphic design. Andre’s advice is “Keep knocking and the door will open”. Dan says “Never sleep”.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan