Originally guest posted by Alex Ostrowski
Dan from New York based studio Dress Code got in touch with me this week – simply to say hello! I have never met him before. The studio’s delightful demeanour shines through their site and work, captured best on their homepage which displays regular trivial updates of the designers’ current circumstances.
At 9:17 this morning – Andre is wondering beard or no beard? Dan is aligning his shampoos.
Their book ‘Never Sleep’ aims to demystify the transition between graduation and professional practice in graphic design. Andre’s advice is “Keep knocking and the door will open”. Dan says “Never sleep”.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”