Originally guest posted by Alex Ostrowski
Dan from New York based studio Dress Code got in touch with me this week – simply to say hello! I have never met him before. The studio’s delightful demeanour shines through their site and work, captured best on their homepage which displays regular trivial updates of the designers’ current circumstances.
At 9:17 this morning – Andre is wondering beard or no beard? Dan is aligning his shampoos.
Their book ‘Never Sleep’ aims to demystify the transition between graduation and professional practice in graphic design. Andre’s advice is “Keep knocking and the door will open”. Dan says “Never sleep”.
- Want to make an idea a reality? The Jameson Works can help
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016