Originally guest posted by Alex Ostrowski
Dan from New York based studio Dress Code got in touch with me this week – simply to say hello! I have never met him before. The studio’s delightful demeanour shines through their site and work, captured best on their homepage which displays regular trivial updates of the designers’ current circumstances.
At 9:17 this morning – Andre is wondering beard or no beard? Dan is aligning his shampoos.
Their book ‘Never Sleep’ aims to demystify the transition between graduation and professional practice in graphic design. Andre’s advice is “Keep knocking and the door will open”. Dan says “Never sleep”.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August