Originally guest posted by Alex Ostrowski
Dan from New York based studio Dress Code got in touch with me this week – simply to say hello! I have never met him before. The studio’s delightful demeanour shines through their site and work, captured best on their homepage which displays regular trivial updates of the designers’ current circumstances.
At 9:17 this morning – Andre is wondering beard or no beard? Dan is aligning his shampoos.
Their book ‘Never Sleep’ aims to demystify the transition between graduation and professional practice in graphic design. Andre’s advice is “Keep knocking and the door will open”. Dan says “Never sleep”.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"