Samuel François has got same great work and one of the best biographies I’ve seen, here’s a small extract.
‘Samuel François likes to play,and doesn’t take himself to seriously :whether it’s games of hide-and seek (when he installs a pair of legs,the feet in the air,emerging from ground) or when he disperses puddles of detergent products, amusing himself with the multicoloured reflections of the liquids…It is certainly this playful and naive aspect,not to say childish – he loves felt-tips -,which amuses the spectator so much’
Pictured is bleu&rose.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf