Issue 4 of the The Future Laboratory’s quarterly magazine ‘THE’, is available to download now. Showcasing the best design and trend ideas from around the world the content really is as good as the design and look of the publication.
‘Each issue will report on nascent trends developing around the world, from the inside story on the world’s most innovative cities to interviews with leading lights in design, architecture and consumer culture.
It also contains design-led stories on new technologies, materials, fashion and retail and leisure spaces. We also plot the rise of trends such as Antediluvianism, Bio beauty and Light Futures, and look at emerging social groups such as Rolodex Teens and Muffragettes.’
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant