Issue 4 of the The Future Laboratory’s quarterly magazine ‘THE’, is available to download now. Showcasing the best design and trend ideas from around the world the content really is as good as the design and look of the publication.
‘Each issue will report on nascent trends developing around the world, from the inside story on the world’s most innovative cities to interviews with leading lights in design, architecture and consumer culture.
It also contains design-led stories on new technologies, materials, fashion and retail and leisure spaces. We also plot the rise of trends such as Antediluvianism, Bio beauty and Light Futures, and look at emerging social groups such as Rolodex Teens and Muffragettes.’
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)