Issue 4 of the The Future Laboratory’s quarterly magazine ‘THE’, is available to download now. Showcasing the best design and trend ideas from around the world the content really is as good as the design and look of the publication.
‘Each issue will report on nascent trends developing around the world, from the inside story on the world’s most innovative cities to interviews with leading lights in design, architecture and consumer culture.
It also contains design-led stories on new technologies, materials, fashion and retail and leisure spaces. We also plot the rise of trends such as Antediluvianism, Bio beauty and Light Futures, and look at emerging social groups such as Rolodex Teens and Muffragettes.’
- Sam Nhlengethwa's lithographs are inspired by other artists
- Elliott Arndt, an upcoming director with narrative flair
- Scott King, Roger Hiorns and Tom Morton discuss provocation for new book The Creative Stance
- Flaneur explores the magic of Moscow in its biggest issue yet
- Brooklyn illustrator Ping Zhu and her breezy brushstrokes full of energy
- Irreconcilable Truths: a 1500-page survey of legendary photographer Don McCullin’s work
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design