Issue 4 of the The Future Laboratory’s quarterly magazine ‘THE’, is available to download now. Showcasing the best design and trend ideas from around the world the content really is as good as the design and look of the publication.
‘Each issue will report on nascent trends developing around the world, from the inside story on the world’s most innovative cities to interviews with leading lights in design, architecture and consumer culture.
It also contains design-led stories on new technologies, materials, fashion and retail and leisure spaces. We also plot the rise of trends such as Antediluvianism, Bio beauty and Light Futures, and look at emerging social groups such as Rolodex Teens and Muffragettes.’
- Our round-up of this year’s UK grad show identities and show designs
- Nathalie du Pasquier opens first solo show in UK for almost 25 years
- Photographer Ian Kenneth Bird shares his top photobooks
- Bureau Borsche talks us through its album artwork for Laurel Halo
- Handwritten typeface Inkwell brings the personality of a pen to a functional font
- Award-winning photographer Ryan James Caruthers' sensual portraits
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy