Issue 4 of the The Future Laboratory’s quarterly magazine ‘THE’, is available to download now. Showcasing the best design and trend ideas from around the world the content really is as good as the design and look of the publication.
‘Each issue will report on nascent trends developing around the world, from the inside story on the world’s most innovative cities to interviews with leading lights in design, architecture and consumer culture.
It also contains design-led stories on new technologies, materials, fashion and retail and leisure spaces. We also plot the rise of trends such as Antediluvianism, Bio beauty and Light Futures, and look at emerging social groups such as Rolodex Teens and Muffragettes.’
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team