The week’s guest posting comes from the recently graduated Alex Ostrowski. Alex is currently interning at YCN and last Wednesday created ‘The YCN LIVE Tree’ with Hattie Newman as part of the launch of YCN LIVE at Village Underground.
‘Inspired by Village Underground’s resourceful approach to environment, we collaborated with Hackney Borough Council to resurrect a deceased tree from the streets of East London.’
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio