The week’s guest posting comes from the recently graduated Alex Ostrowski. Alex is currently interning at YCN and last Wednesday created ‘The YCN LIVE Tree’ with Hattie Newman as part of the launch of YCN LIVE at Village Underground.
‘Inspired by Village Underground’s resourceful approach to environment, we collaborated with Hackney Borough Council to resurrect a deceased tree from the streets of East London.’
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale