Incredibly original work from Amersham based artist Boo Ritson. The work involves painting her subjects (on to her subjects) and then photographing them. Pictured here is the album artwork for The Maccabees latest album Wall Of Arms and as lead singer Orlando Weeks explains on The Guardian’s Music Blog, ’Boo’s work is that rare thing: a brand new approach that you feel must have been done before, but hasn’t.’
Boo’s new website is coming soon so check out the Poppy Sebire website for more images of her work.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages