Incredibly original work from Amersham based artist Boo Ritson. The work involves painting her subjects (on to her subjects) and then photographing them. Pictured here is the album artwork for The Maccabees latest album Wall Of Arms and as lead singer Orlando Weeks explains on The Guardian’s Music Blog, ’Boo’s work is that rare thing: a brand new approach that you feel must have been done before, but hasn’t.’
Boo’s new website is coming soon so check out the Poppy Sebire website for more images of her work.
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round