Incredibly original work from Amersham based artist Boo Ritson. The work involves painting her subjects (on to her subjects) and then photographing them. Pictured here is the album artwork for The Maccabees latest album Wall Of Arms and as lead singer Orlando Weeks explains on The Guardian’s Music Blog, ’Boo’s work is that rare thing: a brand new approach that you feel must have been done before, but hasn’t.’
Boo’s new website is coming soon so check out the Poppy Sebire website for more images of her work.
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity