Incredibly original work from Amersham based artist Boo Ritson. The work involves painting her subjects (on to her subjects) and then photographing them. Pictured here is the album artwork for The Maccabees latest album Wall Of Arms and as lead singer Orlando Weeks explains on The Guardian’s Music Blog, ’Boo’s work is that rare thing: a brand new approach that you feel must have been done before, but hasn’t.’
Boo’s new website is coming soon so check out the Poppy Sebire website for more images of her work.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?